Considering getting a full sleeve or just love looking at some gorgeous body art? Head to the 2019 D.C. Tattoo Expo at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington.
Explore the work of over 400 tattoo artists, and best of all, you can get a new tattoo or piercing right at the show! Bring your sketches and be prepared to shop around if you’re looking for your next body art. You’ll be blown away by the sheer quality and quantity of tattoo work you’ll see.
Courtesy of Pexels
WHEN: January 11-13, 2019 | 1-11 p.m. on Friday | 12-11 p.m. on Saturday | 12-7 p.m. on Sunday
WHERE: Crystal Gateway Marriott | 1700 Jefferson Davis Highway in Arlington, VA
TICKETS: $30 per day or $60 for a 3-day pass | Children under 12 can attend for free with a paying adult | $10 Military discount on 3-day passes only.
The expo is brought to you by Exposed Temptations Tattoo and Baller, Inc.
Courtesy of the D.C. Tattoo Expo
Contests and Competitions
In addition to the hundreds of vendors showing their work, there will be a number of contests on the main stage. The most highly anticipated one is the D.C. Pinup Competition, happening on Saturday from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. Other contests include:
Saturday Contests (4-6 p.m.)
- Sleeve, Male and Female Categories
- Overall, Male and Female Categories
- Black and Gray Portrait, Large and Small Categories
Sunday Contests (4-6 p.m.)
- Color, Large and Small Categories
- Back piece, Male and Female Categories
- Color Portrait
- Traditional and Neo-Traditional
- Shop Style Flash
- Fine Art
- Skate Deck
Judges will also be picking a tattoo of the day before the show’s close each night.
Know before you go
- Tickets are available at the door all three days of the expo.
- Food and drink vendors will be on site, as well as the restaurants of the Crystal Gateway Marriott.
- You must show active duty ID for the military discount, available only on the 3-day passes.
For more information about the 2019 D.C. Tattoo Expo, visit the event website.
Have you been to a D.C. Tattoo Expo? What is your favorite part of the event? Let us know in the comments below!